Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bullpen Comes up HUGE


As I sat in work late this afternoon, I figured the best the Phils could hope for today was a split with the Braves as Wolfie gave up a 5 spot over two innings, including a dinger to the pitcher and Howard was robbed of a grand slam homer by Andruw Jones. I figured things didn't look good for the Phightins so I headed home. However, when I got off the train and got in the car to head home, I turned on the radio and surprisingly discovered that the Phils had whittled the lead to two.

I got home just in time to see the Phils steal the lead after the Braves' left fielder looked like Timmy Lupus and badly misplayed a Delucci line drive ball, which allowed the Phils to steal the lead, and ultimately the victory.

Major props have to go to the bullpen for shutting the Braves down over 7, no-hit (YES, NO HIT), scoreless innings. What an impressive outing by the immortal Eude Brito, Rick White, Aaron Fultz (one out is about all I trust him for at this point), and a 1-2-3 9th inning by Flash. Let's hope this starts a trend because the Phils have some work to do to leap frog the Padres and Marlins for the Wild Card lead.

2 comments:

George said...

The bullpen has been horrible up until last night. I bet you wish that Cormier was still here now.

Philly Phan said...

No...I'm glad Cormier is w/ the Reds. He and Franklin helped them fall out of the WC race.