Wednesday, September 13, 2006

How Sweep It Is!



I've always wanted to say that. Unfortunately, Philly teams don't give us that many opportunities to bask in the glow of a sweep of a double header, let alone a playoff series. So, please excuse me if I get a little giddy about these two wins.

The Phils played some great defense behind Lieber tonight, especially in the infield. Victorino made a few nice plays as well tracking down fly balls in the spacious outfield of Turner Field.

Carlos Ruiz had a nice game with a home run and a 2 out single in the 8th to add a couple insurance runs.

Of course, as a red blooded Philly Phan, I have to add some negativity. Is anyone starting to get worried about Chase? What's going on? He must be getting worn down as he approaches the end of a long season, which started with that ridiculous World Baseball Classic. He has to turn it around and quick. Ryan can't do this on his own.

Nevertheless, as I write this, our Phightins are only 1.5 games back. There's still hope, my friends.

2 comments:

George said...

I think Utley's demise began when you started calling him a stud on this very website.

Philly Phan said...

Can't win w/ George...I talk baseball and he's still not happy!