Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hamels on the Spot



After the boys in red pinstripes blew last night's extra innings affair, Cholly and Co. turn to my man, Cole Hamels to win their four game series with the Marlins. I really think Hamels will further cement his role as team ace by out dueling the D-Train and help lead the Phightins to victory. (Yes, I'm very positive this morning...it's the most wonderful day of the year!!!)

Another question for today is whether Pat "Please Swing the Bat" Burrell get another start today? I hope not. He is a lost cause at this point. Finding another right handed bat to proctect Howard is clearly becoming next year's biggest need.

As an aside, I was shocked last week when Houston walked Howard to lead off an inning, but I was down right flabbergasted when Joe Girardi, a so called top candidate for NL Manager of The Year, walked Howard in the Top of the 9th with a man on first, with only one out, effectively putting the tying run into scoring position with less than 2 outs. Well, Florida lost that battle as Jeff Conine tied the game up with a base hit, but wound up winning the war as they won the game in the 10th.

No comments: