Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hitch Is Back For 3 More Years



I know a lot of you guys don't care so much about my beloved Orange & Black, but I came across this funny comment from future Captain Mike Richards to Inky Flyers beat writer, Tim Pannaccio, in response to the news that Hitch's deal was extended:
“He’s sometimes an asshole to people, but at the same time, he’s an unbelievably smart hockey man … He demands a lot from you. Which is good. I think you would rather have it hard than easy. He tries to get best out of you. He is hard on younger kids, but later in your career, it’s going to pay off.”


Wow, sounds like the young guys on the team are really happy to have him back for three more years. Based on this comment from the future Captain, does anyone want to make a wager on whether Hitch finished out this new deal? Didn't think so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Flyers may be in for a Bowa-esque next few years. I hope the rest of the team (or at least the "kids") understand Hitch like Richards. Or soon they'll have some good talent running out of the city like our good friend Scott Rolen. BOO-HOO.

peacock805 said...

I am anonymous no more...that last one was me.

Philly Phan said...

Jenn or Jeff? I'm guessing Jeff. How's Cleveland treating you, bro?