Monday, September 18, 2006

EMAIL RANT OF THE DAY


From my buddy Tony G:

"I’m glad to see you’re so upbeat. For me, the sky has fallen. Before the year started I thought they would be 9-7, splitting their NFC schedule with all wins at home. I thought they needed to pound the early portion of the schedule to get some momentum and cushion for the horrendous second half schedule. If we were 2-0 and the Giants and Redskins were 0-2, we could have stuck a fork in them and gone beyond my 9-7 prediction. Now, who knows.

Reid can’t call a game late with a lead. He by his own admission calls a conservative game. McNabb is too jokey joke. That head fake penalty was the stupidest thing I’ve seen in ages. Next thing you know Westbrook fumbles. Michael Lewis should be shot for the blown coverage on the Giants first drive that gave up the touchdown and the inability to fall on the ball after Burris fumbled. With less than a minute left we couldn’t stop the Gints from scoring thanks in part to Trent “Crotch Kick” Cole.

I never understood the philosophy off playing it safe for overtime. Overtime is never safe. Just check out the name SUDDEN DEATH Overtime. Any freak play or mistake and you could be done, plus risk injury to a star player like Kearse."

Thanks, Tone. I'm not ready to talk any more about this game. I'm trying to pretend it didn't happen, much like the last season of the Sopranos. (Voegs, please avert your eyes for the rest of the paragraph.) I'm going to repress the memory of this collapse similar to how a priest abuse victim would. Ok....ok....maybe that's a tad bit dramatic and overly insensitive, but I'm devastated this morning.

If anyone else has anything interesting to say, please email me or post a comment and I'll post it on the site. Please feel free to use this site is as a place for group theraphy.

3 comments:

Philly Phan said...

Wow...GREAT FIRST POST ON THE SITE, MAC DADDY! Don't know who you are, but I LIKE IT!

George said...

My brother in-law pulled this Cole guy over in Glassboro as he was doing burnouts leaving the Landmark in his jacked up GMC pickup truck. He said the guy was a bit arrogant. Since he was dumb enough to do burnouts while smelling like beer after exiting a bar, it is no surprise that he was dumb enough to kick that guy at the end of the game like that.

Philly Phan said...

George, you are on a roll tonight....nice input again. I kid you not that the "weaknesses" section of his scouting report indicated that he is not the brightest guy in the world due to a learning disability.