Monday, January 29, 2007

Does Anyone Care About The Super Bowl?


I don't know about you guys, but there appears to be only slightly more excitement about the Colts/Bears Super Bowl than last week's NHL All Star Game.


I simply can't get excited about it. Although, I feel the NFL media hype machine getting warmed up as we speak. By Thursday, Sean Salisbury, Jaws, The Playmaker and crew will have me believing that Rex Grossman can throw for 300+ yards and the Bears defense will shut down Peyton Manning and Company. However, until such time that I have been brainwashed by ESPN's coverage, I'll just have to try and get myself excited fpr Super Sunday by thinkng about all the impending commercials that will be debuted.

As an aside, was anyone else depressed this past weekend with no football to watch? I didn't know what to do with myself. I tried watching the Senior Bowl to watch my boy Brian Leonard, but the game was brutal. I watched a couple of movies and then watched the "Art of War" on Discovery HD. Plus, while I'm not 100% sure, I think I might have had a conversation with my wife this past Sunday. I think I almost gave her a heart attack because she usually doesn't expect to talk to me from 12 pm Sunday until Monday morning while we get ready for work.

Call me crazy, but with the NFL season coming to an end, I'm actually looking forward to Nascar to start. Yes....Nascar. No, your eyes do not deceive you...Nascar. Yes, the sport that features a bunch of good ol' boys making left hand turns for four hours.

Yes, it's going to a long offseason.

4 comments:

St. Joe's Nick said...

I don't care about the media event that the Super Bowl has become. I'm so tired of all of the hype in the 2 weeks preceding the game.

It's not even about the game anymore. There won't be any fans in the stadium for the game. It will be filled with dignataries, corporate sponsors, business people, and celebrities who couldn't care less about the game but just happen to get tickets somehow.

I could care less about the stupid commercials too. Everybody goes ga ga over the commercials. 90% of them are just the same dreck that you see on TV every other day.

sjn

Philly Phan said...

I remember the good ol' days when Britney would show looking hot as hell and I wouldn't even notice what the commercial was...now she's going through a divorce from a redneck and has 2 kids. My how times have changed.

George said...

Daytona 500 right around the corner! Watch out for that 88 car this year.

Philly Phan said...

I thought DJ was driving the 44?