Thursday, January 11, 2007

One More Thing....


Does Jeff Garcia need to paraded around like a Yeti captured in the wild? He made another friggin' appearance at a Forman Mills tonight. Call me crazy, but shouldn't Jeff be doing something else....like looking at game film? Seriously, how much money could he be making by hawking these stupid T Shirts? Jeff, please do us all a favor...go home, hang out with that piece of ass pseudo fiance, watch some game film and prepare for Saturday's game.
Plus, Sheldon Brown was a Modells signing autographs. Guys, there will be plenty of time for this B.S. after our playoff run is over.
To make matters worse, a large portion of the good people of South Philly South (aka Washington Township, NJ) camped out hours ahead of time to see Garcia like they were waiting to buy Van Halen concert tickets. I worry about the citizens of this town. I really do.

In case you haven't been able to tell, I'm really starting to worry if this team has jumped the shark between these ridiculous appearances and Joe Banner's ill will generating comments in the Inky. The Fear Factor for this week is coming close to reaching the red. In fact, right now, I'm a mushroom cloud-layin' motherf*&ker, motherf*&ker. Every time I see another Eagle showing up to a Modells or Forman Mills for a meet and greet, I'm like "SUPERFLY TNT." I'm "THE GUNS OF THE NAVARONE."

In short, be afraid of the Saints, people. Be very afraid.

4 comments:

St. Joe's Nick said...

I have to agree with you, Phan.

As a resident of "South Philly South" (aka Washington Twp.), I said the same thing you did about the people camping out. They showed footage of the appearance on Channel 10 this morning and it was appalling. There was a huge throng of fans surrounding JG like he was the second coming of Joe Montana.

I just needed to set the record straight. Not all residents of Washington Twp. were as head-over-heels yesterday.

Oh, and I also echo your fear for the game tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

I refuse to fear a team that finished the season 5-5, has one playoff win in their history, and who is a 2 seed with a 10-6 record. Seriously, 10-6 and a bye, this may be a first.

Additionally, we've beaten the Saints in the playoffs for years. These Saints are the '04 Vikings, Falcons, '01 Bears. The one year wonder who get in the playoffs because of a weak schedule from their 6-10 year before record.

I put NO STOCK in the October game considering we were coming off our SuperBowl bitch slapping on the Cowgirls and were in the midst of attempting to tank the season.

These Twp people are no worse than the Gamers i see camped out at Best Buy everytime a new console comes out.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you honey. I was saying the same thing at work yesterday before I even saw the news and Garcia in TWP. People are absolutely crazy. My brother said people were tailgating in the parking lot. I just don't get it and the shirt Garcia is trying to sell is ugly.

Anonymous said...

no twp. resident of good standing would ever be seen at a Forman Mills!!!