Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Hot Streak!!! (and Foppa is Hurt Again, Surprise!)


Holy Cow! The Flyers are legitimately hot! They are now on a three game winning streak and don't look now, but some of the young players are starting to make an impact. Calder scored his fourth goal in five games after failing to score for the first quarter of the season. Ryan Potulny also scored his second in two games. Plus, some of the young defensemen are starting to pick up their play and no longer looking like fish out of water. I will also begrudgingly admit that Esche is playing pretty decent in net and all three wins are with him at the helm. He seems to have picked the team up a bit.

Will all this last? Probably not, but it is nice to have legit hockey to watch.

The funny thing is that I started writing this entry when Potulny scored to make it 3-0. I figured it was safe to assume that the Orange and Black could hold a three goal lead with about three minutes left. They did hold on, but they sure made it interesting. I had to put down my laptop to further jinx them.

As for Forsberg, he did not return after the first period with the ever popular "lower body injury". It was later revealed that he has a right groin strain.

I found the following quotes from Foppa on Hockeybuzz.com:

"Well, it's the same as usual. It's a pulled right groin. It's the same problem as before. it's coming back."

"I don't think I totally tore it off. It's just frustrating. It goes on and on and on the same thing. Don't know what to do."

"Obviously it all comes from the foot. I want to get through this, so we'll see what we can do. We'll try to figure it out. We're working, working working. But if it is from the foot, we don't know that, maybe it's just a regular groin pull. We'll see. It's hard to say. I don't know how long I'm going to be out, it's hard to tell the first time. We'll see."

It's been like this for a while. It got better, the foot is always crooked. We got the boot to work a little better, but maybe it's not 100 percent. Maybe that's why it's pulling I can't say for sure."
Well, I guess the win streak was nice while it lasted, but it's not going to last with out Forsberg.

2 comments:

Jon1BSP said...

Way to jinx 'em, slim. Rangers 3 - Flyers 2. Ah well, I'll take the three in a row over the nine in a row any day. Or was it ten? I stopped watching a while back.

My Primeau jersey is weeping in the closet as we speak.

Philly Phan said...

You can put your Primeau jersey right next to my Forsberg jersey.