Saturday, January 13, 2007

PSP's EAGLES PICK


All day, I've been on the edge of a nervous break down. I've intentionally avoided my buddy the Captain as I know he's feeling the same and I can't add any additional angst to my life right now.

Thankfully, the Flyers have taken my mind off it a bit as they've showed some life in the 2nd period against the Pens, but I'm fully expecting them to fall apart in the last period as I'm sure Commissioner Bettman called the Refs to ensure no one puts a hand on Cindy Crosby the rest of the game.

Ok, back to more important matters....I still haven't thought of a legitimate, rational reason for why the Birds win tonight, but I'm going to be a phan tonight. I'm going to hearken back to the 9th of November, 2006 to find inspiration for this evening. On that night, I gave my Scarlet Knights no chance against the then #3 ranked Cardinals of Louisville. I thought the Cards were too strong and my Knights were not up to the task of beating them. Well, I think we all remember how that game ended....


That game showed me that there are times to throw conventional wisdom out the window and just believe. I think tonight is also one of those nights.

Eagles 27....Saints 20.

Believe.

Go Birds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES< we Run, We Throw, we Bend but don't break, and Win