Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Yawn...Sixers Beat AI and Nuggets & Surprise, Surprise, AI Rips Franchise


I watched about 20 seconds of tonight's game, but the Sixers won again beating AI and the Nuggets 108-97. AI dropped 30 on his old mates, but it wasn't enough as he was tossed out of the game in the 4th quarter.

(By the way, will someone please tell the Sixers to stop f'n winning!!!! We're trying to win the damn lottery! Knock this sh*t off!)

Also, AI ripped the franchise before the game. Here are the highlights:

"Just to hear me out. I think any coach would, and any organization would,… When you're losing basketball games, 12 of 14, 18 of 20 basketball games, you should listen to somebody because something obviously isn't working."

"I thought Andre's playing the point guard position wasn't the right move for us and that team that we had. They wanted to do that and I didn't feel like that was helping us win. We were losing basketball games. Andre Miller is a better fit at point guard for that team. He was put directly into that position. They felt I couldn't get that job done there. But I'm pretty sure I can get it done here."

Iverson said he wouldn't greet Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks before or after the game at the Pepsi Center, either.

"I don't feel like I have a need to. It is something that I don't want to do. For what? I don't have no beef with him. I don't feel it is necessary for me to go out of my way to speak to anybody. The trade is done. But things still linger."

"I still feel bitter about the way things happen. It didn't have to happen like that and I think I deserve a lot more respect than what I got. Those people had the chance to give me the respect I deserved and they weren't willing to do that. So why I should I try to give any respect back?"

"I haven't anything to say to Mo. Or to my teammates. I miss them. I never had any problem with any of those guys. None of them on the whole roster. … I never expected Billy [King, the Sixers' team president] to let it happen the way it happened. I never expected Mo to let it happen."

"I would have expected for him to fight for me. He has a job to do and he works for somebody else. I lost a lot of respect for guys that I had respect for around there. It is a feeling that I have and it can't just go away overnight."

Thanks for the insight, AI. Now please go away.

2 comments:

George said...

Weren't you just saying how much Philadelphians loved this guy? I thought what you wrote was way off base. The widely held belief that he gives a great effort on the floor is a total myth... he gives a great effort HALF the game, the half when his team has the ball. The rest of the time he could care less. He just wants his points. And before anybody mentions his steals, he only gets steals because he overplays the passing lanes in an effort to get the ball and run the other way to get himself more points. The vast majority of the time they just pass it right around him as if he were a cone and they go in for the easy basket.

Philly Phan said...

Dude, people here love the guy. He was Philly, but he didn't make anyone else better and he wanted no part of defense. Now that he's mouthing off, I'm done w/ him.