Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Donovan McNabb: Future Politician


I don't care whether you like the guy or not. Donovan McNabb's performance today in front of the large collection of reporters today was one of the best press conferences I have seen from a public figure in a long, long time. Rest assured, I am not only comparing him to dopey professional athletes. He took a potentially messy situation and squelched it in a heart beat. In my mind, he made himself a ton more money today. What company wouldn't want this guy endorsing their product?

I don't know if D Mac has figured out what he's going to do with his life after football, but he's more polished than most of the politicians we see these days, and certainly more well spoken than any of the football talking heads seen on the various television networks.

I always heard that Syracuse University has one of the best Communications programs in the Country. Donovan is exhibit A. I give him an A+ for his performance today. I didn't take issue with a single thing he said.

Check this link for a summary of Donovan's press conference.
I would also like to point out that I'm almost 100% positive that my main man, Johnny Gold, designed that Campbell's Chunky Soup logo over D Mac's shoulder. Nice work, Gold.
By the way, Donte Stallworth was on Jim Rome's show on ESPN and said the following:

"I plan on being in Philly. My first choice is definitely Philly. I love it there. I am real confident that they will get it done. Andy and Jeff Lurie both talked to me and said they want me back."

Lord, would that be a great move. I'm just a bit pessimistic about this working out. Remember, his agent is Beelzebub (aka Drew Rosenhaus.)

No comments: