Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thoughts On Tonight's Game

  • We lost tonight's game mainly in two sequences....the play calling when we had a 2nd and 1 early in the 4th quarter and only came away with a field goal. The other spot where we lost this game is obviously the play calling after the recovery of the fumble. Just brutal. In the two games we played against the Saints, I don't think we ran one successful screen pass. Their defense was too keyed in on that play. The second down pitch didn't fool anyone either. Great teams take advantage of that gift turnover. We didn't....We weren't a great team I suppose.

  • The team spited themselves by never getting Michael Lewis back into the lineup. He would have been much more effective against the Saints running game than Considine, who once again proved to me that he is not a starter in the NFL.

  • The loss of Andrews hurt. He was missed. It sounds like his injury could be serious. I think I speak for the entire Delaware Valley when I say I pray that he is fine.

  • Juqua Thomas, Garcia, and Stallworth should all be re-signed.

  • Did all of you Garcia supporters finally realize that the shine came off the turd....We could have used #5 tonight. He would have made the difference.

  • Hey Banner....I told you that your comments were a bit presumptuous. I guess I was right, huh?

  • Dick Stockton and Moose Johnston were brutal announcers tonight.

  • I can't believe it took me this long to say, but B West is one helluva running back. I hope these last two months show Big Red that next year they have to utilize him more even if D Mac is healthy.

  • Why didn't we throw to the tight ends more?

  • The most frustrating thing for me is that even though we once again showed we can't stop the run, I seriously doubt we'll spend the money or draft players to fill in spots on the defense.

  • I thought Sheldon Brown damn near killed Reggie Bush in the first quarter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony D,

I might not be the biggest philadelphia fan in the world, but I have to said you got passion for your teams. I'm feeling a little sad for all the eagles fans...remindes me of my NY JETS. Keep your head up high and look forward to the draft

Farrell

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the draft is one thing, lets just hope that the powers that be can get the impact player that we need on defense---someone that can be inserted immediately. Or, can the talent that was identified in Bunkley please surface in '07.

*is it also time to get younger at Linebacker? Dhani Jones may need to bring his bowties elsewhere.

TF

Jon1BSP said...

Play calling - that's definitely it. By mid-second quarter I was wondering why they kept sending B West straight up the middle. How many plays were wasted doing that? I bet they didn't net one yard sending him up the middle.

Anonymous said...

I feel we let a great oppty. to advance to the SB get away last nite. A few plays go a different way and we're headed to our 5th Championship game in 6 years. But realistically, at 5-6 and our QB out for the season, we did get our money's worth out of this team. Coming off last seasons 6-10 debacle to come back this year, win the East, win a playoff game and ultimately lose to the best team in the NFC, (they kill the Bears next week) is a pretty darn good season.

We bring back 21 starters next year but hopefully we'll get some production from this years rookies, FA's and the draft. This team really needed production from Bunkley this year and it just didn't happen. Hopefully he'll get out of the dog house next year and add to our DT position. Gocong too may have won a starting position at OLB and helped our run defense and outside pass rush.

We left it out on the field last nite without 4 Pro Bowlers, #5, Freak, Lito and Shawn Andrews, on a short week, in a hostile environment, against the best offense in the NFC, with all the Hurricane BS. and almost got it done.

I'm disappointed, but looking forward, one more win somewhere in 16 games and were the team with the bye and the home game etc.
Mostly though, I"m happy this team is a helluva lot closer to the '04 Superbowl team than the '05 6-10 squad. We're still young, in good cap shape, with a franchise QB, RB, O-Line, a good young WR and some questions on the defensive side. We're the class of the NFC EAST, thus another division title is in our grasp and hopefully a bye and some home playoff games.