Wednesday, December 06, 2006

And You Thought The Eagles and Flyers Couldn't Play Defense?


I know the Sixers suck and I really shouldn't kick a team while they are down, but how do you let the offensively inept Bulls (a team that starts three guys that can score and 2 that have about as much offensive ability as Sammy Dalembert) score 69 points in the first half alone!?!?!?!?!

Yes, the Birds' defense has been brutal since the Dallas game and the Flyers have given up the second most goals in the NHL, but tonight's performance by the Sixers may have been the worst defensive performance by any Philly team this year.

I've advocated that the Birds need to make some changes, but let me state the obvious: The Enola Gay needs to drop both the Fat Man and the Little Boy on the Sixers because this team needs to be blown up and started over. However, with the constraints of the NBA salary cap and Billy King's inadequacies in drafting and free agent signings, I expect a change in the Sixers fortunes around the year 2015. I suppose I'll check back then.

No comments: