Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Roll With It


After yesterday's latest improbable Eagles' victory, I've made a decision to just roll with this team. We all realize they are fatally flawed. We can all see that the defense can't stop anyone and is over reliant on turnovers. However, I have decided to take the plunge. I'm going to enjoy the ride much like I decided to overlook the Phils' problems this past summer during their playoff run.

Following suit with everyone else in this city, I flat out love how Garcia is running this team. He is making the simple plays. He doesn't take sacks or force balls into coverage (other than that one pick.) He also knows when to take off and run with the ball. He seems to have turned the clock back about 4 years. It sure looks like he has enough left in the tank to keep this roll going for a couple more weeks.

(As an aside, I know that it is starting to become fashionable for some phans to favor Garcia over D Mac. Look, Garcia is a nice backup and has shown that he can carry you when your starter is down, but he is no where close to being the QB that McNabb is. People have to realize that #5 is a stud in his prime. If he stayed healthy, he would have likely had a record setting year. Although, I do hope that McNabb watches these games and learns a few things. I hope he sees from Garcia's play that there are some plays that he has to give up on. It seems the only time D Mac gets in real trouble is when he tries to keep plays alive with his scrambling ability and force passes down field. Maybe the experience of seeing how another QB in this offense runs things will be a good thing.)

I also love that the Birds are running the ball consistently. The offensive line is one of this team's strengths. It would be ridiculous to make these guys backpedal all night as pass blockers. They can clearly open holes for Westbrook and Buck. I hope this strategy continues. Just imagine if this team had a more reliable second option to B West at RB.

In any event, I'm looking forward to Christmas Evening's game with the 'Boys. Can they win? I have no clue. I didn't see them winning last night or in Washington, but what the hell do I know.

2 comments:

George said...

It's nice that Andy Reid finally discovered that new concept called a handoff. He may not have discovered it if McNabb wasn't injured.

Philly Phan said...

Yeah..good point...sorry this post sucked so bad...not my best work