Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Trials and Travails of Married Life


Tonight, I have to go to a party at my inlaws house. While I wouldn't mind showing up and hanging out for a few hours, I was really hoping to get a chance to skip out around 10 pm to watch Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz beat the ever loving shit out of each other in their rematch for the light heavyweight championship on tonight's UFC Pay Per View.

I broached the topic with "The Wife" this morning about leaving the party early and joining my man The Captain at our buddy Nute's house to watch the fight. You might have thought I asked her to give up our first born to a pack of scientologists to raise. In short, my suggestion did not go over very well.

So, what's a guy to do? I could continue to rock the boat with The Wife by leaving early and meeting the Capt for the trek up to Nutes; or I could make her leave early and order the fight at my house. Although, I could make both of us happy if I just secretly ordered the fight at my in laws and blamed it on my brother in law when the bill comes in. I think the latter is the most feasible option, although I'd have a lot more fun at Nute's.

Any suggestions? I'm all ears.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a set and lay the smack down.

Anonymous said...

It's time to drop the hammer!

George said...

Sissy.

Philly Phan said...

You got balls, bro...when's the last time you were able to get out of the house to do anything you wanted?

Anonymous said...

I see alot of anonymous comments. Noone wants to show themselves.

That's right....I am the big bad wife. Sorry, if I did not want to drive home late at night by myself with being so unbelievably tired these days carrying Baby Philly Sports Phan.

George said...

Brother, I have free reign in my house.

Philly Phan said...

"Free Reign"?? I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Good one.