Sunday, December 10, 2006

PSP's EAGLES' PREDICTION


This one won't be popular....

After last week's late game heroics enabled the Birds to get a win over Carolina and move themselves back into contention for the debacle that is the NFC Wildcard Race, it seems that the whole city has gone overboard and forgotten the fact that this team's defense is still totally inept and Jeff Garcia is still 37 years old (although he does feel like a young 37). Since I consider myself a bit more centered and realistic when it comes to the Birds' chances, I have not been sucked into thinking that today will be a walk over against the struggling 'Skins.

If I'm Al Saunders, I give the ball 40+ times to Ladell Betts and see if the porous Birds' run defense can stop him. Such an approach won't be sexy, but it will be effective. I see the Birds defense giving up a ton of yards, but stiffening in red zone and holding the Skins to only 13 points. However, I think Garcia and the offense comes back to earth and commits a bunch of turnovers.

As a result, I see the Birds losing a boring, sloppy, maddening 13-10 game. At least I'll get some satisfaction today from decorating the Christmas Tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take back what i said about the reality series. You suck. Stick to the puff pieces and leave the prognosticating to the pro's. Like me and Johnny Gold. Eagles in a laugher.

Philly Phan said...

hey....I think I was close to getting this one right