Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Real Deal or Delaying the Inevitable?


Well, I think you know how I fall on this question, but I would be lying if I didn't admit I took great satisfaction with how the team played tonight in the Birds' 27-24 victory over the Panthers. While the defense continues to show that they are not nearly good enough, Jeff Garcia and the rest of the offense looked like an acceptable NFL offense. They even brought the big play back into the offense. If the offense continues to play this way, the Birds should win next week before heading to the Meadowlands and then Dallas. If the Birds take care of business in D.C., then maybe I will reluctantly get on the playoff bandwagon. In any event, it's nice to finally talk about a win again.

I have to give props to Donte Stallworth....Why haven't we resigned this guy yet? Don't understand this at all...and Reggie Brown. Their big plays were huge keys in this one.

Jon Runyan held Julius Peppers sackless....not a small accomplishment.

Shawn Andrews is losing a ton of weight...I need his dietitian.

Of course, the Lito interception was huge and I bet you it gets him back in the Pro Bowl.


By the way, I'm so done with the whole Philly/Rocky connection. I can't wait until this movie opens, flops and then we can go on with our lives. Also, is it me or does Stallone look like an actual boxer that has taken too many punches?

Also, I'm kind of glad of how the fans always make their way somehow into the game story. I thought the cheering for A.J. was a little unjustified. I think people forget that A.J. didn't do a whole lot except play the Trent Dilfer role when he helped the 2002 team reach the playoffs.

The ESPN broadcast crew is flat out BRUTAL. Although, I did get a laugh when Mike Tirico combined the Panthers running backs into one person: DeShaun Williams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, no picking on A.J. He may not have done that well in Miami only having a 61.7 QB rating, but he did a heck of a job for us several years ago when Donovan and Koy were hurt, throwing 6 TD's in 6 games. Plus, he is really good to look at.

Philly Phan said...

How long did it take you to look that up?

George said...

The ESPN crew is almost intolerable. They are really annoying.

Anonymous said...

Not long.....Rocky really looks awful.