Thursday, December 28, 2006

Much To Do About Nothing


In case you missed it, here are the comments from Wilma McNabb's blog that caused the big hub bub on 610 and Daily News live today:

The win this week was great and I could actually say that's what I wanted for Christmas. Yes, now we have solidly beat the Cowboys with my son and without him. But I can hear you asking, mama McNabb what are you really thinking? Well here it is, the real deal. It's kind of bitter sweet for me as my son, the quarterback sits out on injured reserved watching the game during his rehab. I polled my family too and they feel the same. We want our team to win and even go to the Superbowl and win it in Miami especially if they continue to play as they have. But oh oh, if they win the Superbowl without my son, what would be the real outcome with the fans? Will they crucify him? Maybe, then the trade talks would begin. Off season madness, worse than last year's fiasco. But guess what, I guess I'll have to take the beating if it comes. I would have to hope that scenario of the madness would not happen or be that bad. Well let's wait and see. Bitter sweet.

I really don't see what the big deal is. What do you expect this woman to say? I think what she is saying is the natural truthful reaction that any mother would have. After all her son has been through in Philly, she wants to see him at the helm of this team as they march towards the playoffs with the potential to make some real noise.

I also think the sentiment she expresses above may be arising from the media reports and talk radio chatter ridiculously claiming that the team is much better off with Garcia than McNabb. Although, if she hasn't learned to tune out the Angelo Cataldis, Joes from Fishtown and Vinnys from Passyunk Ave of the Delaware Valley, then she really is going to have a tough time surviving the rest of D Mac's career.

Hopefully, Mama McNabb will chill out a bit. She's getting all worked up over nothing. Once D Mac gets back on the field next year and gives his usual "Mr. September" performance, everything will be fine. However, things will get real interesting next year when D Mac hits his annual October slump. If the Red Headed Latino is still calling Philly home, we could have a real controversy on our hands.

4 comments:

George said...

Why do I have to hear from this lady all of the time? Who cares what she has to say? As Eskin would say, please go home and take care of the dinner and laundry and stop wasting my time with your unecessary comments.

St. Joe's Nick said...

Mama Mc is way too close to the situation to be making any kind of statement about the team. Who gives a crap about what she has to say about the state of the team? She obviously doesn't have an objective view of the team and its operations.

McNabb is overrated. I will always support him as long as he is an Eagle, but he doesn't deserve all of the hype that he gets. For right now, Jeff Garcia appears to be the savior of the '06 season.

Go birds!

SJN

Anonymous said...

All this won't matter until the Red Headed Latino leads us to the superbowl. If that happens, the shit storm to come will be worth it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen her Campbell Soup Ad lately, maybe she misses being on TV.