Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Random Thoughts on Yesterday’s Game


Play of The Game: For me, it was Quentin Mikell’s fourth and goal tackle of Marion Barber. It definitely set the tone for the defense's performance against the run. This play narrowly defeated the 65 yard pass play to LJ Smith. Kudos to my father in law for calling LJ as his player of the game prior to kick off.

Call off the Missing Person alert, we found Darren Howard. Before his third quarter sack yesterday, I was starting to think he had been kidnapped.

Romo-mania is dead: This guy is now a celebri-QB. He’s done. He’ll go down as one of the great one hit wonders of NFL history. Right now, he’s nothing more than Bobby Hoying in my eyes (ie, a guy that plays great for a month and then falls apart once the league gets a book on him). I hope he has fun with his week or two of dating the American Idol chick because she’s going to dump his ass right after he gets benched going into next year. Seriously, I knew we had this one in the bag when NBC showed Romo flirting with Carrie Underwood prior to the game. If I was a Cowboys’ fan, that would have totally p*ssed me off.

T.O. is a non factor – I think yesterday clinched it. The NFL media has had enough of T.O. Both Sean Salisbury and Joe Theismann said that T.O. is only an average NFL wide receiver and the media attention should stop. I hope these guys live up to that statement.

Time Management – Nice job by the coaching staff and offense driving down the field late in the first half to set up Akers’ 45 yard field goal. This may be the first time in Andy Reid’s tenure that I can make such a statement.

I normally can’t stand Phil Sheridan, but this is an outstanding lead in to his column in today’s Inky.

The true measure of what transpired here on Christmas evening, of the transfer of power in the NFC East, escaped the attention of the TV cameras.


After the Eagles' singularly impressive 23-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys, none other than agent Drew Rosenhaus ran off the field with his arm around a wide receiver he represents: It was Donté Stallworth, not Terrell Owens. Rosenhaus was running up the Eagles' tunnel, not the Cowboys'.


Next client.


I just hope we re-sign the guy. Stallworth means a ton to this team right now, and is a favorite of both McNabb and Garcia.

Streaky Team: For those who haven’t noticed, this team started 4-1, then lost 4 out of their next five, and are are currently on a four game winning streak. Weird season, huh?

B-Dawk looks like “The Say Hey Kid”: What a catch yesterday. That interception was simply amazing. I wonder if Aaron Rowand could make a similar catch of a baseball.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My only fear, after we won our SuperBowl in October vs. the Boys we just about tanked the season. We cannot survive another let down after beating our rival. Good news, the Falcons are a dead team walking but a home playoff game and another NFC East title sure looks good about now.

Philly Phan said...

Yeah...I agree that the Falcons have absolutely quit, but a bit of a cold spell would make me feel even better about our chances.

Anonymous said...

How's 56 degrees and rain. i may bring out the golf clubs once more this year....

Philly Phan said...

I don't want to sound like Al Gore, but there has to be something wrong w/ the environment....56 in January...something's not right. Maybe I'll get a hybrid...wait, fuck that.