Friday, December 22, 2006

It's All Over! It's All Over!!!


Believe it or not, but one of your Philadelphia winter sports actually won a game this evening. Our long citywide nightmare is finally over!!! The 20 game Flyers/Sixers combined losing streak is kaput! On the strength of Andre Iguodala's career high 31 points, the Sixers knocked off the Boston Celtics 98-83, who were without leading scorer Paul Pierce.

Admittedly, I did not watch one second of tonight's game, but I did listen to the last minute of the game on the way home form Christmas Shopping. I don't know if that makes me a bandwagon jumper or an opportunist. I'm going with the latter.

Now, let's see if the Orange & Black can follow suit sometime before the All Star Break. I'm not very optimistic on that front

No comments: