Friday, May 25, 2007

It Appears We Are All In Agreement....


After reading all the comments lately, it seems we all agree on something...We all hate the Phillies.

More specifically, we hate the manager, his goober sounding accent, and his inabililty to adequately make strategic decisions.

We hate the GM, as well as his Hawaiian shirts, his decision to live in Toronto all season, his horrible trades, and head scratching signings.

We hate the owners and their cheapness/cluelessness.

We hate the players and all their inadequacies.

About the only thing we tolerate is the Phanatic and the new ball park even though it is ridiculous that it is built in the middle of warehouse wasteland with nothing else surrounding it.

We hate everything Phillie. So, why my friends, do we still care? Why couldn't the Phils have moved all those years ago and left the Athletics in Philly? Life would have been so much easier.

Does anyone have any ideas? Do we continue to root for these teams and accept that they are losers without any future? Or, do we do something about it? I choose the latter. I'm open for anything from changing my rooting interest to starting a petition to demanding the current ownership group sell the team.

I'm all ears. I'm just tired of investing my time in this franchise and getting nothing out of it. Surely, there are better options in this world.

5 comments:

st. joe's nick said...

Well said, PSP. I don't know why we keep coming back year after year? It's just in our blood as Phillies fans that we continue to subject ourselves to this torture every season.

Also, we don't just hate the Phillies and their brass. We hate the Sixers', Flyers', and Eagles' brass for most of the same reasons you mentioned in the main post.

It seems that all of our teams have the most inept management and coaching staffs and that nobody in the upper echelons of the organizations (plural) seems to care.

Once again, the fans are the ones who suffer, while in the meantime, the ownership and coaches (players, too) are cashing in on our passion (or stupidity).

It's just another day in Philly.

Hope all that read and post here have a great and safe holiday weekend.

sjn

Anonymous said...

Let's call it a No Sports weekend. Hug your kids, wives, Gumar's.

Jon1BSP said...

Why do we keep coming back? Because if we've learned nothing else from Cosmo Kramer, it's that you've gotta support your team.

Anonymous said...

What's funny is that I used to get sooooo angry with this team, management and owners that it would drive me nutz. But given the slooooooow start, the fact that RH is not hitting/hurt, there is no bullpen and the closer/ace of the staff just got hurt after the catcher refused to "man up", I find that I just don't care as much. Do I turn on Sports Center to catch highlight/get a score . . . sure. However, I don't spend a great deal of time getting worked up over wins OR losses. I guess I have been worn down to the point where I have become what I actually hate, ambivalent. Will I continue to monitor the team for signs of progress, sure. Will I go to some games, sure. Will I actually get upset if and when they finish in 3rd place within the division . . . NOPE. I will just being counting the days till training camp and the beginning of college football. Baseball is now just a filler on the way to better things, how sad.

George said...

You sound like a WIP caller. You just have to accept it and root for the home team.