Tuesday, May 15, 2007

There's Hope For Me Yet

As some of you know, I'm trying to improve my golf game to the point where I can actually call it a hobby and get some enjoyment out of it. Yes, despite the impending arrival of our daughter, work and MBA studies, I've decided that I need something to replace my usual routine of reading various blogs, message boards, and other Internet sites.

I've even taken some lessons lately. Thanks to my main man, Ed Kramer, at Valleybrook Country Club I actually hit an impressive shot every now and again. However, much to my chagrin, the lessons have only converted me from an embarrassingly brutal golfer to one that is just plain old embarrassing. In any event, I've been trying to convince myself that my ever increasing girth is a part of the problem in preventing me from improving my swing.

I was really starting to believe this theory until I caught Mike Foster (pictured above) on the Golf Channel's Big Break VII. This big ol' Hoss is pushing three bills, but he seems to have no problem whatsoever with his golf swing. He overcomes his offensive lineman quality gut and seems to beats the ever loving sh*t out of the ball with every swing.

Oh well....so much my theory. It seemed reasonable earlier this evening after slicing four straight shots with my driver.

4 comments:

Jon1BSP said...

You let me know if you need anything.

Philly Phan said...

How about hybrids?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're just meant to be a crappy golfer. It's OK. Work on accepting it.

Anonymous said...

Don't take any swing advice from Muller unless you like being in the rough and/or woods on the right side of every friggin hole.