Wednesday, May 09, 2007

No Longer A Company Man

After reading the multitude of articles today (here's a link to one of the better ones), it sure looks like there is a breach in the relationship with the Birds and D Mac. (Christ, even Dave Spadaro took a subtle swipe at him in his column today. See "If it works for him...") No matter how you slice it, yesterday's interviews showed that D Mac is no longer going to be controlled by Big Red, Banner and Co. I don't know about you guys, but I do perceive this to be a bad thing.

My favorite part of the story is how McNabb's new PR rep (a guy the Eagles just fired) refused to grant permission to ABC 6. I'm not a big fan of Action News, so I support their decision. I also got a chuckle that the interviews were handled at the Skate Zone in Voorhees. Of all places...why there? Also, you gotta love McNabb's new beard. One of the articles described it as making him look like a cross between Abe Lincoln and an Amish Farmer. I think you can add Bad News Brown to the list (God Rest His Soul).


Anyhow, I don't think the relationship is past the point of no return as Sal Pal suggested today. I think it can be salvaged, especially if McNabb comes back healthy, performs on the field, and the team wins big. Just don't expect things to be a smoothed over between #5 and Big Red any time soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its been overblown and think Sal Pal is trying to make a name for himself. He's really been outspoken against the squad the last year or so.

I personally don't think Kolb ever wins the job here and we'll have 6-7 more years of #5 at the helm. Kolb carries the clip board for 2 years then is the #2 for 2 then is gone as a restricted FA after 5 leads the team to two SB appearances and one win over the next 4 years.

This of course if McNabb can stay healthy. if he struggles physically over the next 2 years, then the Houston kid may be the next coming w/ Donovan getting released after the '08 season.

st. joe's nick said...

Wow, you must really enjoy green kool-aid, anonymous. You sound like you have been swilling it for quite a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Eagles fan, and I will always support the team, but I can't get behind Donovan 100%. Until he can prove to me that he is the "elite" quarterback that everybody wants him to be, he will just continue to be a coddled mama's boy in my book who threw up in the biggest game of his life (with plenty of time on the clock to still WIN the game).

sjn

Anonymous said...

Nicki, how can you blame the QB for the 6 minute offense. Doesn't the Coach need to put them in the hurry up offense?