Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Savor It - Part II


The Phils once again showed some resolve tonight and dramatically won another game against the Brew Crew. Tonight, Carlos Ruiz was the hero as he hit a 9th inning walk off homer after the Wife Beater blew the lead in the top of the inning.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this will be the series that ropes the entire city back in....I won't be one of them. I've learned my lesson. This management group doesn't have the financial or mental wherewithal to pull off a deal that will put this team in the playoffs. Sorry guys, thinking any differently is just plain irrational.

Anyhow, here's my favorite stat of the night....Despite only giving up 1 earned run over 7 and 2/3 innings, Adam Eaton's ERA is still 6.42. Gotta love the genius that is Pat Gillick.

No comments: