Monday, May 28, 2007

Question To The Audience


Do you guys care more about the NBA Playoffs or the Stanley Cup Finals? I get the distinct feeling that most of you guys care about neither. However, I do believe a small number are watching the Stanley Cup Finals.

You can put me the in hockey category by a huge margin. I have little interest in the NBA now that the Suns were eliminated. The NBA is a shadow of its former self. I can't buy into the type of ball everyone outside of the Suns play these days. At least the NHL made an effort to tinker with the sport to make it more entertaining. As a result, the NHL had their top 4 teams in the league make the conference finals.
Will I watch every minute of the Stanley Cup Finals? Not a chance, but it will be on my radar screen to the point that I will know the status of the series. I can't say the same for the conference finals in the NBA. I just had to check ESPN.com to see who is winning each series. I have the feeling most of you guys would say the same.

Anyhow, let me know your thoughts on this issue. Just interested.

5 comments:

st. joe's nick said...

Couldn't care less about either the NBA or the NHL playoffs.

I never have interest in the NBA, whether during the season or the playoffs.

The NHL regular season is only slightly higher on my radar. However, if the Fly-boys are out of it by the middle of the season, I lose my small interest in the NHL too.

Anonymous said...

neither, for me. please don't waste your time on 2nd rate events.

Anonymous said...

You people are short a Y chromosone. If you had watched game one of the Stanley Cup finals you would know that watching a bunch of pansies run around a baseball diamond doesn't even come close to the sport of hockey. Keep the blogs coming Tony.

Anonymous said...

Neither. But, I do reserve the right to use either of them as an excuse to go down to the basement and not put up with the crap my wife watches.

George said...

Game 1 of the Stanely Cup Finals was phenomenal. No other sport can match the physicality, intensity, pace of play, and the competition level that the NHL playoffs provides. I will watch every minute possible.

However, I don't know anybody that cares about the NBA.