Monday, November 27, 2006

Absolutely Embarrassing


The best part of tonight's 45-21 thumping by the Colts was that I only watched about a quarter of the game. I listened to most of the first half on the radio and then watched the third quarter on my PIP screen as I watched the latest episode of Dexter, which I highly recommend checking out on Showtime.

The defensive effort was as embarrassing as some of the early season Flyers games we've suffered through. I'm glad that Jim Johnson's philosophy of drafting undersized linemen and de-emphasizing the linebacker position is finally being exposed. Since there is no way Reid gets fired this offseason, this team needs to dump JJ, hire a new defensive coordinator that realizes stopping the run is important and then bring in about 3 new defensive linemen and a whole new corps of linebackers. By the way, whoever decided to draft Matt McCoy and believed he'd be a starting NFL outside linebacker, needs to be fired tomorrow.

If I remember correctly, McCoy was the only guy who was not invited to the Scouting Combine to get drafted on the first day of the 2005 draft. This move personifies my distaste for the Birds' front office. They continually think they know more than everyone else by taking risks on players that no one else values as highly as they do. It frustrates me to no end.

By the way, the offense is fine with Garcia at the helm. If the defense was above average, we'd probably go .500 the rest of the way, but since we saw tonight how pathetic they truly are, I don't expect this team to win more than one more game all season.

Looks like I'm going to have some free Sundays the rest of this fall and winter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony D. Network, I feel your pain. Try the J-E-T-S on for size. They seem to be making an impact this year with a new direction, but in years past, it sucked. The Eagles are nowhere near the jets of the early 90's. They will bounce back. There is always room on the "Jets" plane. We have hot bitches serving free drinks for the rest of the season!

Philly Phan said...

Bro, I'm with you...I've liked the Jets since my RU days. I like hot bitches and I like free drinks...count me in!