Monday, November 13, 2006

Flyers Lose...Again, but Pick Up a Used Fridge


The Flyers lost....AGAIN. However, they are starting to show the semblance of playing NHL quality hockey as of late. It pains me to see them lose games like tonight against the Pens, 3-2, but at least they are showing up and acting like they give a crap. It especially pains me to have to give credit to Malkin and Crosby as those kids are absolute studs. At least, I can solace in the fact that Malkin looks like a complete dork. (He is the one on the left below.)


Earlier today, the Flyers brought back Todd "Fridge" Fedoruk for a 4th round pick via a trade with the Ducks. I don't totally understand the move as this teams desperately needs help back on defense and with scoring goals, but Fridge is a leader who plays responsible defensively and this team sure needs a whole lot of those qualities as well. However, I don't expect the Fridge to contribute a whole lot as he got his face broken in this fight a couple weeks ago.

1 comment:

George said...

The young "talent" on the Flyers doesn't even belong on the same ice with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin. I admire the will of Mike Richards, but please get me somebody who can put the puck in the net. Zero goals in 40 some games ain't cutting it for me. Carter and Umberger aren't exactly impressive after watching the guys on these other teams play either.