Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Another Astounding Factoid


I just read the following on Scarletknights.com:

For the first time in school history (137 seasons), a ranked Rutgers team will face a ranked opponent as No. 15/14 Rutgers hosts No. 3/4 Louisville Thursday, Nov. 9 in primetime on ESPN. The game features a battle for first place in the BIG EAST as both squads are a perfect 8-0 overall and 3-0 in the league.
And you guys thought I was kidding when I said this was the biggest game since 1869.

By the way, the above picture is all the RU students in line for tickets. All I can say is WOW. Christ, students even camped out for tickets! What is this world coming to????

When I was on the Banks of the Raritan, I would roll up to the ticket booth the day of the game and pick up about 10 tickets for me and my crew. I guess a game of undefeated, ranked teams changes things a bit, huh?

No comments: