Sunday, November 19, 2006

There Is A Morning After


The Dream Season is over. My mighty Scarlet Knights got whupped by Cincinatti...yes CINCINATTI, 30 to 11. It was a pathetic performance. The offense made mistake after mistake and the defense gave up numerous big plays. When you play like they did, it doesn't matter who the opposition is. You are going to lose.

Surprisingly, so many people saw this coming. I even had an inkling this was possible. I just never thought it would be as bad as it was.

I'm upset, but don't worry. There is no need to call the suicide watch on me. I'll be ok. I did get swept up with all the National Championship talk, but deep in my heart, I knew this team was not on that level. This team is still in the building process. In college football, you don't go from a doormat to title contender in two years. It takes time. I have been ecstatic about this season, but have told friends that the national championship talk was premature. This program did not set out this year with that as a goal. That's why you see Ohio, Howard, Illinois, and North Carolina on the schedule. This year was all about taking the next step from a low level bowl team to a ranked team that plays in a bowl closer to New Year's Day.

All that being said, the season is not over. RU needs to head home, lick their wounds and come out ready to play a rejuvenated Syracuse team. If they can bounce back, they will still be playing for a BCS bowl 12/2 at West Virginia. I don't love our chances there, but you never know. I didn't like our chances against Louisville either and we know how that turned out.


Here's a pretty decent article from NJ.com that I totally agree with. This guy is right, this still is a Dream Season.

No comments: