Sunday, November 05, 2006

What's a Philly Sports Phan To Do?


With the Birds off today, what is a guy to do?

I could sit here and try to watch a NASCAR race for the first time since the NFL season started or I can go to a buddy's house and watch all the NFL games on the dish and be mildly interested. Maybe, I can watch all those My Name Is Earl and The Office episodes filling up my DVR. Or, I could rake leaves filling up my tiny piece of lawn. Nah, none of these options are all that appealing for yours truly, nor do I have a choice. Unbelievably, I have another Sunday wedding. Since I'm not missing an Eagles game and will be sitting with a bunch of my buddies, this one should actually be fun.

What a Sunday. By the way, I heard the Eagles are a 3 point underdog to the Bye Week....(Yes, I did steal that joke from the Sports Guy, but it always makes me laugh.)

On the bright side, my Scarlet Knights are getting big time press in the local papers. Check out this front page (yes, front page!) article in the Inquirerand this outstanding article in my buddy Coz's paper, the Gloucester County Times.

Also, the Flyers message boards are humming about a potential major trade involving the Flames and Flyers with the main players involved being Iginla and Gagne. After last night, it's pretty clear that a reshuffling of players is definitely needed. I just hope whoever makes this trade (Holmgren, Mr. Snider, Hitch or Clarkie) realizes that they better get some defensemen back in the deal because the current group is BRUTAL.

In any event, have a great Sunday everyone! For your entertainment on this Lazy Sunday, I give you this classic: SNL Video

4 comments:

George said...

The Flyers better do something, and fast. This ship has almost sunk for the year.

On a side note, I see that Rod Brind'Amour is third in the league in scoring. How many points does Primeau have this year?

Philly Phan said...

Like I've always said, they had to completely change the sport for Brind Amour to be a stud.

Anonymous said...

i heard that guy across the street can't handle his booze. I bet he blamed it on the pills!

Aran

Philly Phan said...

Nah...he's a good lad. If my wife hadn't given him roofies, he'd still be going.