Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Sixers Are Back! Does Anyone Care?


The Sixers are set to start their season tomorrow night. Does anyone really care? I know I sure don't. The team was brutal last year and they are bringing back the same exact cast of characters save a few rookies. Consider me extremely underwhelmed.

Seriously, how can you get excited about this team when you see ridiculous headlines such as:

"Dalembert could emerge as a defensive force"
"King sees good things, wants more"
"Cheeks expecting players to listen to him this season"

Some of my really good buddies absolutely love this franchise and are pretty much Sixers Stepfords. I don't see it. It's going to be a long, long winter at the Wachovia Center.

If someone has any reason for me to be excited about this team...or crap, about the entire league, please enlighten me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top 5 Reasons to be excited for the NBA/Sixers Season:

1. New ball;
2. Players can't bitch about fouls;
3. Sixers committed to D (unlike the current Eagles squad);
4. AI is going to listen to his coach (again unlike the current Eagles squad); and
5. Only about 100 days until pitchers and catchers report to Clearwater.

George said...

I can't help you here.

I can say to look for the Jameer Nelson led Orlando Magic to make some noise in the East this year.