Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hiiiigh Fiiiiive!!!


It's a slow week in Philly. I can't get excited about the prospects of Vince Young and Titans coming to town, and I'm not getting my hopes up about Soriano becoming a Phil. Sure, if we somehow land him, he hit a ton of home runs and steal a bajillion bases, but he'll strike out just as much as Burrell. Plus, how long will the Flyers goal explosion last? I'm going to go out on a limb and say...not for long. So, excuse me if I'm not overly excited about expounding on our local teams. Not surprisingly, I find myself counting down the days until Saturday when RU continues their impossible dream season at Cinci on ESPNHD again!

I've even tried to fill my time with other non-sports related pursuits including trips to the local movie theater and catching up on this season's episodes of The Office. I caught The Departed Friday night, which I though was pretty darn good despite a far fetched ending and unrealistic performance from Leonardo DiCaprio. The Office got off to a slow start this season, but tonight's episode was by far the best of the season. I love the Andy character from Connecticut. He adds a lot to the show.

I also got to see the Borat movie. Contrary to what other people have told me, it's not the funniest movie I've ever seen, but it is without a doubt in the top 5. I highly recommend checking this movie out. Sacha Baron Cohen is a damn genius. There are so many scenes that had me laughing so loud that I embarrassed my wife. I won't reveal anything, so if you see it. Please let me know because I have to share my thoughts with someone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Borat was a very stupid movie. I would have had more fun sticking a pencil in my eye. It takes more creativity than what he created to make me laugh.

Philly Phan said...

Wait...aren't you the same person that religiously watched Friends four years after it stopped being funny? I rest my case.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, are saying that I watch the same show over and over again. Who is the one that watches the same stupid movie over and over again like Dogma and that over stupid movie with Bruce Willis, The 5th Element or something?! Those movies are so stupid, yet you watch them over and over again. The show I watched over and over again became a cultural phenomenon. Hey babe, the movies still end the same way.

George said...

My in-laws side with the Sports Wife. I guess I will wait for video on this one. Sounds like it may be worth a look, but not for $9 a ticket.

Philly Phan said...

George, this is the first time I ever heard you side w/ Karen...This is a dangerous precedent. I do not condone it.