Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Past the Point of No Return


Eagles.com flunky Dave Spadaro has totally lost it. Check out this statement regarding the signing of new 4th corner, William James(formerly Will Peterson of the Giants):

The addition of William James is one of those signings that, in different circumstances, would make you stand up and say, "YES! The Eagles just gave themselves a boost that shows how smart this front office really is."
I believe that is how much adding James can mean to this defense. It's a reason I'm still so high on this team, on this organization, on the vision here and on the confidence I have that the second half of the year will be so much better than the first half.

Going out and getting James is a credit to Andy Reid and Tom Heckert and Joe Banner and Jeffrey Lurie. I like the vision. I like thinking outside the box like this.

Is he kidding me? Why would anyone get all that excited over a 4th corner that hasn't played so far this year as he recovered from a broken back? Look, it's great to have depth at the position, but it doesn't address the bigger problems on the defense. I'm just underwhelmed that's all and don't really understand "Spads" over the top optimism for the signing.

By the way, I never get the warm and fuzzies over a guy that has an aka after his name. That usually is a clear indication that a guy is running from something...usually, the law, but in this guy's case, who knows.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be shocked if this guy gets more than 6 plays a game, including special teams. Yet, the Eagles' lap dog, Dave Spadaro annoints him as the second coming of Christ and exhaults the front office as if they were Gods. Truth be told this team has SERIOUS problems, not the least of which are no heart, lack of focus, no running game, poor wide outs, aging leadership on D, crappy special teams, no return game and huge holes at linebacker. Excuse me for not genuflected each time I enter the Linc or see Andy on T.V. Trust me the drool that spills out of Andy's mouth as he tries to get a play in or run a 2 min drill is NOT Holly Water and is actually just him thinking about the post-game meal(s). I also refuse to believe in a front office that place more importance in winning the super bowl of capology instead of the actual super bowl. They remind me more of the 16 year old I took to the prom . . . a HUGE tease. I AM OUT!!!!!

Philly Phan said...

Wow...nice work out of you...want a cowriting role?

Anonymous said...

Sure if I can spout more about my true ANGER regarding this collection of bodies they call an NFL TEAM.

Philly Phan said...

Jones....you give me something you want to post and it will be up on the site...that goes for everyone

Philly Phan said...

Nick, I'm w/ you...I'd take Spadaro's job in a heartbeat