Thursday, November 02, 2006

Doesn't Make a Lick of Sense


I hope you haven't gotten your fill of Eagles Defensive Tackle Mike Patterson, because he's going to be occupying the middle of the Birds' defense through 2016. Yes, I kid you not, 2016. The Birds' 2005 First Round Draft pick must have showed the front office a little something more than I've seen the past 1 1/2 years because I'm trying to figure out what the rush was to extend this guy's contract for so long. The guy has 5 sacks in a season and half and he gets a $40 million extension, which translates to $8 million a sack.

And you thought the Birds were cheap. I think not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree, (as I said in my previous comment) it makes perfect sense to a front office that tries only to win the salary cap bowl instead of the Super Bowl. Now you have a first round pick locked up for relatively low numbers (given future projections of salaries) for many, many years, plus who gives a crap after 4 or 5 years, you can just cut him and by that time it will have NO effect upon your cap number that will just keep climbing and climbing each year. Further, look at this site . . . http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/ and you will see that 1/2 way through the season the Eagles are STILL 10 million UNDER THE CAP!!! This move is complete and utter horse*&^#.