Friday, November 10, 2006

Un-F&*K-ing Believable!!!!


This is the second best sporting night of my life right after the NFC Championship Game where the Birds beat the Falcons. This is just absolutely awesome. I feel friggin' awesome. Actually, this is a totally different feeling than the NFCG. This was an upset...how many times in your life does a team pull off a legit upset? I can't remember a Philly team doing something like this in years...yes, YEARS.

I'm still shaking...I just can't believe it. I never expected it. I really didn't, despite my pick on the site. I thought Brohm and the Louisville receivers would carve up the RU DB's, but it didn't happen. When RU's pass rush started pounding Brohm, he turned into a different QB altogether. Wow, it just shows you what a solid defense and a running game can do for a team....maybe Big Red should take some notes.

My wife even called610 and bragged on good ol' RU. She talked to Marc Eckel and sounded more knowledgeable about the team than he did. She was even on the radio with him for about 5 minutes +!

I just have to say....the "Same Old Ru" is DEAD. FINALLY!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! ....should be very proud of that team. They deserved to win. (thank god for that offsides on the field goal kick), it was meant to be.
Aran

Philly Phan said...

Thanks bro....You are officially coming to a game! I just figure out how I can get us tickets!