Monday, November 20, 2006

Some Good News...Finally


In case you live under a rock and only check this site for sports news, I thought I'd pass along that Ryan Howard won the NL MVP. This is great for Ryan and the Phils. I'm not really sure he deserved it as he kind of came of up a bit small the last week of the season, but whatever, this is very welcomed good news.

I just hope the Phils realize that if they want to guy to have similar production next year, they better find a right handed bat to protect him. Plan A (Soriano) is gone and so is Plan B (Sheffield). Is there even a Plan C??? I wouldn't mind seeing the Phils go after Carlos Lee. I read a wire report indicating the Phils have contacted his agent, but Eskin today said the Phils don't like him. He's probably right. I guess we'll get to see another 140+ games of Pat Burrell taking called third strikes and letting balls drop in front of him in left field. I can just feel the excitement, how about you?!?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice touch for philly with Ryan Howard. He seems to be the future of baseball in this town. So mr. philly sports plan, lay it out to us for this baseball team....Play GM for a day and tell us your moves?

your jets fan friend...

Philly Phan said...

Well, my fine Irish friend, what I would do is sign Carlos Lee to play LF. I would then sign the four best middle relievers available. I would also also trade Pat Burrell to anyone that will take him. There's gotta be a team full of ugly single dudes that's just clamoring for a chick magnet like Pat the Bat...wait, that's good material...I might have to create a whole post around that line. I would also hold onto Rowand....he hit like shit in the 2nd half after breaking his face, but he's a gamer and the team plays better w/ him in the lineup. Oh...they also need to find one more starting pitcher and probably a fourth outfielder to platoon w/ Victorino in right. Wow..that's a lot in one offseason

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just scrap the whole team and start over, with the exception of Howard. You pretty much said they need to pick up 7 players.

I like the comment about Burrell. That was pretty funny. All he is good for is picking up girls and striking out.

George said...

How about resigning Cormier?
You can't argue with a 1 something ERA.